Frequently asked questions
- Can I choose the products included in my subscription?
We provide comprehensive flea and worm treatments for your pet at the recommended intervals set by the manufacturers. Currently we only offer Advantage flea treatment and Drontal wormers.
2. How should I deal with a flea infestation in my home?
Due to the flea lifecycle, new fleas may continue to emerge in the home for 6 weeks or longer after initial application of Advantage, therefore more than one treatment may be required. It is also recommended that all cats, dogs and rabbits in the household are treated. Suitable environmental measures are also recommended. Regular use of Advantage will prevent re-infestation.
3. Why is regular flea treatment so important?
Fleas can cause serious disease in cats and dogs, such as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) and even anaemia. Fleas can also carry tapeworm larvae, which your pet can become infected with through accidentally ingesting fleas while they are grooming themselves. Advantage can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis in cats & dogs, where this condition has been previously diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon.
4. What's the connection between fleas and worms?
Fleas are often infected with the larval stage of the Flea Tapeworm. If cats or dogs swallow an infected flea, the worm develops in the gut.
5. Do fleas have to bite my pet to be killed?
Once applied, Advantage spreads rapidly across your pet’s skin and into the lipid layer. Fleas do not need to bite your pet to be killed by Advantage.
6. Are fleas a year-round problem?
Modern households have fitted, often deep pile, carpets which provide an ideal environment for fleas. In addition, central heating in homes matches the optimum temperature for fleas to thrive. All of this has made the flea a year-round problem, so it is important to treat your pet for fleas throughout the year.
7. How often should I use Advantage?
Advantage should be used monthly.
8. What if I want to cancel my membership?
You can cancel your membership at any time and recommend you review the terms and conditions section, ‘ordering the subscription service from us’
9. What does my subscription protect against?
Advantage – Fast and effective flea control. Advantage kills adult fleas on the pet as well as larvae in the home wherever the treated pet goes
10. I am still seeing fleas?
- Only 5% of fleas live in the pet, the other 95% of the flea population exist in immature stages in the surrounding environment, like carpets and cushions.
- Adult fleas can survive to up to 62 days without a blood meal
- Fleas feed up to 15 times their own weight in a single day
Please ensure you have treated the home environment as well as anywhere else the pet goes such as your car with a product such as Indorex. This is a veterinary flea spray, licensed to kill not only fleas but also house dust mites. Keep your home flea free for a full 12 months. Indorex kills adult fleas and dust mites whilst also preventing development of eggs and larvae
11. I would like to make a complaint?
To make a complaint about the service and delivery of your products please put all complaints in writing and post to
PREMIER VET ALLIANCE LIMITED
New Bond House
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What happens if my animal has an adverse reaction to the product?
If you suspect your animal has had an adverse reaction please report this to the VMD’s Adverse Event (Suspected Adverse Reaction Scheme) https://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/adversereactionreporting/