- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information; and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
We are Premier Vet Alliance Limited (company number 07267818) ('we' or 'us') and we are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679); and any subsequent UK data protection legislation (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information may we collect?
We may collect personal information provided by you such as:
- your name, address, email address and your payment details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us; and
- information provided to us by you when making an enquiry or responding to a communication from us.
We do not usually collect sensitive personal information, for example your ethnic origin, but if we did, we would only do so with your explicit consent.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone calls) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- contact you and send you products if you have signed up to our subscription services;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting; and
- improve our services.
Educational Information and Marketing
If you have signed up to our flea and worm subscription services, we would like to send you occasional educational information by post, email or text message (SMS) about matters which are likely to be of use to you in caring for your pet(s). This would be educational information on topics such as how to best protect your pets from contracting flea or worm issues, or how to best treat them if they have. If you do not, or no longer wish to receive such educational information, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
At the point you sign up for the flea and worm subscription services, we will ask you if you would also like to receive information by post, email, telephone, or text message (SMS):
- from either us or the other companies in our Premier Vets group concerning related products, services and/or special offers that are offered by us or our Premier Vets group; and
- from other businesses (which we have selected carefully on the basis that you are evidently keen to care well for your pet) concerning their related products, services and/or special offers. For example, businesses offering pet food, accessories or dental products and services.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other carefully selected businesses to send you marketing messages when you create an account to sign up for our subscription services, or if we are updating our services, or checking that our mailing list is still up to date.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, our Premier Vets group or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
You can also manage your preferences by using the personal profile dashboard available to you by logging on to our website using your personal login details.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- Kennel Club so that they know who we have signed up for the flea and worm subscription services;
- our agents and service providers, such as the third party fulfilment provider we use to sort, package and send the products out to you (if you have signed up to our subscription services), or a third party IT provider in order to support our information technology services (where strictly necessary);
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- our carefully selected business partners if you have opted in to receive information about their products, services and/or special offers.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Unless you are using our website and/or purchasing subscription services on our website outside of the European Economic Area, we will not personally transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area and we ensure our servers are located within the European Economic Area for this reason.
We aim to ensure wherever possible that any third party providers we use (such as our packing and fulfilment providers we use to send the products for our subscription services) do not transfer personal data they store and/or process in countries outside of the European Economic Area. However, we cannot guarantee that that any third party providers we or you choose to use (such as payment provider Worldpay) do not do so. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. However, we will take measures to ensure that any such third parties comply with applicable data protection laws and are subject to appropriate security measures and safeguards for such data transfers.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address if you have not already provided that to us (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter; and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Premier Vet Alliance